How to Report a Tiger Mosquito (Aedes albopictus)
1. First observe well the insect:
- it has two wings, relatively small (about 1 cm) and it bites
- it has black and white striped legs
- The thorax of Aedes albopictus is black with an evident white stripe, while the thorax of Aedes japonicus and Aedes koreicus are brownish / yellowish.
2. Take a full picture of the specimen completely from above making sure to include the legs.
3. Continue your report by clicking the button below.
4. If possible, preserve the specimen (place it between two small pieces of paper towels and then store it in a small box) to prevent deterioration. If the photo is not sufficient for reliable identification, the reporting center will ask you to send the specimen.